Who’s in the Reus camp?
We are people who have come along on a free, voluntary basis and decided to meet up and occupy the streets to struggle together, more and more of us, for dignity. We don’t represent any political party or grouping. Nor does anybody represent us.
We are united by concern about insecure lives and inequalities but above all by a determination for change. We are here because we want a new society, one which values life above economic and political interests. We feel downtrodden by this economic system and excluded from the current political system, which does not represent us. We opt for a far-reaching change in society. And most of all we want society itself to lead this change.
Now it’s our turn to speak out!
We therefore declare:
- We believe in progress based on equality, solidarity, free access to culture, enviromental sustainability and well-being and happiness for people.
- We believe in some basic rights: the right to a home, work, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development and the right to a healthy, happy life.
So we protest!
- The current system of economy and government does not provide for these priorities and is an obstacle to the progress of humanity.
- The present collapse of the system is the result of accumulation by a few people of unreasonable amounts of money, in a climate where private interests take priority over effective welfare and the general interest.
- The waste of resources which is destroying our planet creates unemployment and unhappy consumers.
- The political class in this country does not listen to us, while its job should be convey our voice to institutions and foster political participation which means more than simply voting every four years, as well as creating the greatest benefit for society al large. They have forgotten that democracy means the people!
- This accumulation and craving for power by a small group is responsible for the inequality, polarisation and injustice in our societies.
- The current economic model is obsolete, unable to meet the challenges of the 21st century and only works to obstruct the capacity for change in civil society.
- This political and economic situation has corrupted institucions which belong to the people and are on the point of destroying our basics rights.
THIS IS WHY WE ARE ANGRY!
TRUST IN OUR FUTURE
WE CAN DO AWAY WITH THE ABUSES AND PRIVATIONS WE ALL SUFFER
WE NEED AN ETHICAL REVOLUTION
WE ARE PEOPLE NOT MARKET COMMODITIES
TOGHETER WE CAN DO IT
COME OUT AND JOIN US
EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO BE ANGRY